Estimated Auction Expenses Last Updated: 7/1/2012
Fees and Commissions:
Keeneland entry fees and commissions:
January Horses of All Ages: $700*
September Yearling Sale: $1,000*
November Breeding Stock Sale: $1,000*
*Keeneland’s nonrefundable entry fees represent the first 5% commission on sales up to $14,000 in January and up to $20,000 in all other sales. An additional 5% is charged for sales prices over these sums.
These fees apply to all horses that pass through the ring, whether sold or bought back.
Fasig Tipton entry fees and commissions:
Entry fees vary by sales format (open versus selected), please inquire.
In addition to entry fees, a 5% charge of the final hammer price applies to all horses that pass through the ring, whether sold or bought back.
Lantern Hill Farm Charges:
Sales: 5% of final bid, $1,000 minimum
Not Solds: 2.5% of final bid, $1,000 minimum
Sales prep day rate, farm:
$45 yearlings / $36 mares and weanlings (Usually starts 60 days before sale date.)
Sales day rate:
$120 Kentucky sales / $150 Saratoga
- Repository radiographs and scope, weanlings and yearlings (optional): about $600
- Vanning to sales grounds (local): about $140 / Ky to Saratoga: about $1,500
- Sales halter, stall card, clip, bathe, pull mane: about $200
- Vet and farrier charges are additional. Sales plates usually cost about $100
- Web Page Pedigree updates: $25
- Advertising Charges pro-rated among horses in consignment
Sales Entry Deadlines: